A runner just began running for a few weeks and already signed up for a big race at the end of the year.
A major marathon is canceled due to the Covid pandemic, and yet thousands of runners that signed up for it as their goal race continue to follow their training plan and train.
While everyone is speeding through the course, one runner, who is repeatedly getting passed, continues at her own pace, running her own race with a big smile.
Surrounded by high-tech shoes, ergonomically optimized packs, latest fashion…one runner toes the starting line with his decade-old gears with pride.
A plus-size runner wearing a shirt that says, “Badass Comes in All Shapes and Sizes.”
Here’s a bonus tale:
A runner waking up early in the am, slamming down an energy gel before an extra tough track workout. Afterwards he lies on the grass reflecting, with a smile, on a job well done.
Want to create your own badass story? Got a big challenge coming up and looking for suitable energy gels? Here are some helpful articles.
- Energy Gel Dos and Don’ts
- The Complete Guide to Fueling (Daily Nutrition, Recovery, Energy Gel Strategy)
- To Eat or Not to Eat Before Workouts? Energy Gels as Daily Fuel
- Interview: On Running Missions & Working with Brands with Justin Daniels
- Review: Beet It Sport Nitrate 400, Pre-Race “Energy Gel”