PF 30 Chew review summary: PF 30 Chew is a 34 g energy chew with 30 g of carbohydrates and 120 calories, offering an excellent carbohydrate-to-weight ratio. The sachet contains two gummy cubes, each providing 15 g of carbohydrates. PF 30 Chew is on the sweeter end of the flavor spectrum, and its easily chewable consistency is ideal for consumption on the move.
A 34 g energy chew with 30 g of carbohydrates – that’s an impressive carbohydrate-to-weight ratio. There’s really not much to say about Precision & Hydration’s PF 30 Chew in this review, and I meant that as a compliment.
The energy chew is created to deliver as much energy as possible in a compact package, and it does that exactly. Simple ingredients and a straightforward product concept, just like its gel counterpart PF 90 Jumbo Gel.
It worked well for me in a 25 km trail run. Below are the details.
Feel free to check out our coverage on energy chews if the “gummy” format is your fuel of choice.
What is PF 30 Chew? Some product highlights
- One sachet contains two cubes, each with 15 g of carbohydrates, to provide 30 g of total carbohydrates.
- Worth bringing up again. High carbohydrate-to-weight ratio. YES SIRRR!
- (The chews) are designed to be used along our Precision Hydration range,” says the brand, and hence no electrolytes are included.
- “So good, you’ll be lucky to have any left for race day.” The brand is implying that the chews are so tasty that you would want to eat them every day. Personally, I’m not so sure.
What are the ingredients and nutritional facts of PF 30 Chew?
At 34 g, PF 30 Chew provides 120 calories and 30 g of carbohydrates, and that’s pretty much it. The primary carbohydrate sources are sugar and cornstarch.
Most products specify the types of sugar used, such as maltodextrin, cane syrup, fructose, etc. Precision and Fuel just decided to state “sugar.”
Just like what the title said, simple with lots of carbohydrates.
What are the taste and consistency of PF 30 Chew?
PF 30 Chew comes in two flavors – Original and Mint & Lemon. Original has what the brand calls a “mild, neutral taste.” It’s actually quite sweet but not surprising, considering its carbohydrate-to-weight ratio.
Mint & Lemon is similar regarding sweetness level, and, as the product name suggests, it has a minty/tart kick. Both are palatable but definitely not delicious enough for me to want to eat them as a daily snack.
The texture is easily chewable, crucial for sports nutrition designed for consumption on the move.
How’s the packaging of PF 30 Chew?
The packaging of PF 30 Chew is compact enough to fit in any running shorts pocket, belt, and pack compartment. At only 34 g, the energy chew won’t weigh you down and bounce around in your fuel-carrying gears.
The packaging is entirely recyclable, says the sports nutrition manufacturer.
How did PF 30 Chew perform?
How did it perform? It did its job admirably. I went on a 4-hour, 25 km trail run with roughly 1200 m elevation. I ran mostly at an easy pace, with perceived intensity naturally increasing for climbs. Overall, it wasn’t a challenging session.
I had a hearty breakfast and fueled by eating three PF 30 Chews. Here are a few takeaways.
- My entire run was fueled by this energy chew. While I never felt low in energy, I don’t think I could have eaten more than three if I had to. Taste fatigue struck. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a good sports nutrition product. But I believe it’s best to use it in combination with something else milder in sweetness.
- If it’s a warm day or if you’re a heavy, salty sweater, be sure to replenish your electrolytes since PF 30 Chew doesn’t contain any.
- There are two gummy cubes per sachet. Taking them out individually on the move was a bit difficult, especially when running technical sections when your full concentration should be on your footing. I recommend opening the sachet and eating them when you’re on smoother terrain.
- However, I do like that it’s separated into two cubes. 15 g of sugar at a time means less stress on your digestive system.
PF 30 Chew is a 34 g energy chew with 30 g of carbohydrates and 120 calories, offering an excellent carbohydrate-to-weight ratio. The sachet includes two gummy cubes, each providing 15 g of carbohydrates. PF 30 Chew is on the sweeter end of the flavor spectrum, with an easily chewable consistency ideal for consumption on the move.
It’s a simple sports nutrition with simple ingredients. The purpose is to pack energy in a compact chew product, and it delivers just that.