In this space, we will share the key or favorite workouts of our running friends and provide all the Runivores out there some training tips. Run with a smile, of course, but be ready to take on some pain!!
If you are part of the Asia running scene, then you have definitely heard of Hong Kong-based Australian runner, Vlad Ixel. With more than over 50 wins around the world and plenty more podium finishers, he is without doubt one of the top runners in Asia.
-The North Face sponsored runner
-2015 UTMF (STY) 80k, Japan – 4th
-2016 Transvulcania Ultra, Spain – 12th
-2016 IAU World Trail Running Championships 85k, Portugal, 25th
-2016 Lantau 2 peaks 23k, Hong Kong – 1st
– The North Face 50k, South Korea – 1st
-2016 Hong Kong Trail runner of the Year Award
– 2017 9 Dragons Ultra Marathon 50k, Hong Kong, 1st
– 2017 MSIG 50k Sai Kung, Hong Kong – 1st
-You can follow him at www.vladixel.com
With Spring comes the rainy season and sadly the air quality hasn’t been the best either in this part of the world, so we have asked Vlad to share one of his favorite indoor workouts.
10 x 1min on 1min off on treadmill
- 10 minutes of easy jogging on the treadmill
- Increase inclination to 15% (the steepest on most machines)
- Increase speed and run hard for 1 minute
- Step off the treadmill to recover for 1 minute and work on breathing and bring down heart rate
- Jump back on the treadmill and repeat for a total of 10 sets.
- Cool down with slow flat jog for 10 minutes
“This is my V02max workout. My goal with every set is to reach very close to my maximum heart rate, so it should really be hurting for the last 20-30 seconds of each set,” Vlad said.